Where to go?
We would like to remind you that minor injuries can be dealt with at the following places:
- Minor Injuries Unit (Stroud General Hospital, Trinity Road, Stroud GL5 2HY. Tel: 0300 421 8080)
- Emergency Department (Gloucester Royal Hospital, Great Western Road, Gloucester GL1 3NN. Tel: 0300 422 2222)
What are considered minor injuries?
The following are regarded as minor injuries, and can go to any of the above places:
- Cuts & bruises
- Small burns
- Foreign bodies
- Head injuries where the patient has not lost consciousness
- Any injury which you can’t deal with yourself at home
What are considered major injuries?
The following are major injuries for which you should attend your nearest Emergency Department:
- Overdoses or accidental poisoning
- Larger burns or scalds (more than 3 cm/1 inch diameter)
- Smoke or fume inhalation
- Sudden collapses or falls in public places
- Heavy bleeding
- Blows to the head with loss of consciousness
- Suspected fractures